PALO ALTO – An investigation is underway into an attempted robbery earlier this week in Palo Alto, police said.
Related Articles
Apple security chief acquitted, mistrial for ex-undersheriff in Santa Clara County gun permit bribery case
Man who preyed on teen girls convicted of San Jose rape, SF kidnapping
Man shot and killed Tuesday morning in San Jose
San Jose police announce arrest in March 15 shooting
South Bay woman stabbed ex-boyfriend at his front door, police say
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of Midtown Court, according to the Palo Alto Police Department.
The victims – described as two men in their 20s – had just left their nearby parked car and were crossing the street when a man holding a handgun approached them and demanded they empty their pockets, police said. Fearing for their safety, the victims ran away.
The suspect did not pursue the victims, according to police. No injuries were reported.
The victims described the suspect as Latino, in his 20s, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and about 170 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black jacket, black pants and a black mask.
Police said there have been no similar incidents in the city recently.
Anyone with information related to the case can contact the police department at 650-329-2413. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call or text 650-383-8984 or email [email protected].